“While the secretariat should limit itself to policy formulation and performance measurement, execution of all schemes and programmes should be left completely to the directorates,” said Baldi.
- There is no clear cut accountability of the government personnel to deliver the best from the resources available with them.
- There is need of procedure based relationship than performance based relationship between the departments for efficient, transparent and accountable working.
- Administrative Information System should interlink the relationship between the secretariat and directorates for efficient governance.
- Taking an example of the Rural Development Department, he stressed upon a system of single file than prevailing dual file system for decision- making.
- A clear distinction is required in the roles of the secretariat and the directorates in administrative and governance matters.