“While the secretariat should limit itself to policy formulation and performance measurement, execution of all schemes and programmes should be left completely to the directorates,” said Baldi.
- There is no clear cut accountability of the government personnel to deliver the best from the resources available with them.
- There is need of procedure based relationship than performance based relationship between the departments for efficient, transparent and accountable working.
- Administrative Information System should interlink the relationship between the secretariat and directorates for efficient governance.
- Taking an example of the Rural Development Department, he stressed upon a system of single file than prevailing dual file system for decision- making.
- A clear distinction is required in the roles of the secretariat and the directorates in administrative and governance matters.
Raised in Shimla and originally from Mandi district, Disha wears many caps which includes being part of a lead team of a fast growing IT company based out of Chandigarh. Earlier Disha was associated with My Himachal and visits Shimla regularly.