Shimla: Centuries old historic
Police officials claimed short circuit as the cause of this devastating fire. The fire burnt an old temple of a local deity and an Industrial Training Institute (ITI) which the palace was housing. It was the same ITI section from where the fire sparked as per reports.
There has been a loss of over 1.5 crore.
However, a compensation of five thousand rupees have been awarded to seven families who were residing in the palace as tenants, said
Source: The Indian Express