Los Angeles, June 30 (IANS) Mothers are the major style influence for millions of women, who take on board hints, tips and habits passed on to them over the years, reveals a research.
Among the most common pieces of advice women take on board from their mothers are blending in make-up around the jawline and always carrying a spare pair of tights, says the research conducted by cosmetic brand LancÃ´me, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“It’s heartening mothers and daughters share a similar style. Most women have a genuine interest in fashion and beauty and it’s nice grown women are still chatting to their mum about what products they’re using and what suits them,” said the spokesperson for Lancome.
“We inherit so much from our mothers they are always going to be the most trustworthy person to turn to, and on the whole women tend to have a similar skin tone, body shape and colouring as their mother, so who better to speak to.”
“Many women look to their mums as a gauge to see how they are going to age which is very interesting us as our scientists have devoted years to the study of Genes and their role in youth and beauty,” the spokesperson added.
The study also found women trust their mother’s opinion more than a celebrity style expert, and a third of the 2,000 females polled even admitted they totally rely on their mothers for advice.
Following are the top tips daughters take from their mothers:
– Always remove make-up before bed
– Moisturise all the way down to your neck
– Wear properly fitting bras
– Never pluck above your eyebrow
– Less is more
– Always apply sun screen
– Never shave your legs above your knee
– Blend in foundation well around the jaw
– Never get a tattoo
– Not to wash your hair everyday
– Sit up straight to avoid a hunch-back
– Never wear a black bra under a white top
– Don’t sit in the sun
– Invest in a good face cream
– Always iron your clothes
– Never show cleavage and legs – show one or the other
– Don’t use soap on your face
– Always carry a spare pair of tights
– Blot lipstick to make it last longer
– Always carry a handkerchief
– Don’t dye your hair lighter than your brows
– If investing money in shoes or bag, opt for a classic style
– Emphasise eyes or lips with make-up, not both
– Do a final hair rinse with cool water
– Pat your face with a towel, never rub
– Must have a good LBD (little black dress) for funerals and meetings
– Invest in a pair of black heels
– Never wear an ankle bracelet
– Go a day a week without make-up
– No matter what, always wear lipstick and mascara