New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) A minor fire broke out in the paediatric ward of the central government-run Safdarjung Hospital here Monday. No one was hurt, officials said.
According to fire department officials, the fire broke out in a second-floor ward where nearly 16 children were admitted.
Five fire tenders were rushed to the spot, and the fire was controlled in 15 to 20 minutes.
No one was hurt.
Officials added that the fire was caused by a short circuit.
A Safdarjung hospital spokesperson, however, said the fire was only in an air-conditioner.
“There was a fire in an air conditioner in one of the paediatric wards which was controlled,” the spokesperson said.
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.