New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) A man and his teenaged daughter died from burn injuries after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in their house, police said Tuesday. His son was injured and is battling for life.
The blast was reported from east Delhi’s Kalyanpuri area around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Tarachand, 48, and his daughter Meenakshi, 18, died while Harish, 26, is critical.
“Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the blaze was doused in 30 minutes. Tarachand and his daughter were found dead in the house, while Harish was unconscious. He was rushed to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital where his condition is critical,” said a fire service official.
The fire was caused by a spark that ignited gas that was leaking from the cylinder, the official said.