Corinthians await Tottenham bid for Paulinho

Sao Paulo, June 18 (IANS) Corinthians says it is expecting English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur to make an offer for Brazil international midfielder Paulinho.

The Brazilian club’s deputy director Duilio Monteiro Alves said Monday that all offers for the 24-year-old would be considered during the European summer transfer window, reports Xinhua.

“We know that Tottenham are interested but there is nothing official yet. We look forward to the next few days to talk about concrete facts,” Alves told local media.

“The intention of the club is for him to stay, but let’s wait to see what happens. If it’s good for him, good for Corinthians, we will make a decision.”

Paulinho has been one of the first players picked by Luiz Felipe Scolari since the 64-year-old replaced Mano Menezes as national coach last November.

Despite playing primarily as a defensive midfielder, Paulinho has shown his innate attacking instincts by scoring in two of Brazil’s past three internationals against England and Japan.

He was a key member of the Corinthians side that won the Copa Libertadores-FIFA Club World Cup double last year.

Paulinho has also been linked with moves to Roma and Inter Milan.

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.