Shimla: Body of a Finland national, suspected to have died from an overdose of drug abuse, was recovered from a hotel here by the police.
Hotel authorities got suspicious when three tourists who had checked, which included one Indian and two foreigners two days ago, did not come out of there room all day yesterday.
On knocking the door, one of the occupants is said to have staggered to open the door, and the other two were lying unconscious in the room that was littered with drugs.
Police was called in and all three were rushed to the hospital.
One Finland national in his early 30 years was declared brought dead and the Indian and the other Finland national have been admitted to hospital.
Suspecting it to be a case of drug overdose, city police chief Chander Shekhar said, “cause of the foreigners death would be only known after the post-mortem report which is awaited.”
As Editor, Ravinder Makhaik leads a team of media professionals at Hill Post.
Spanning a career of over two decades in mass communication, as a Documentary Filmmaker, TV journalist, Print Media journalist and with Online & Social Media, he brings with him a vast experience. He lives in Shimla.