In a Joint Cabinet Committee, state leadership announced new schemes and approved demands of the government employees. In the wake of the assembly polls, it is probably start of an unending game of promises and proposals.
Prem Kumar Dhumal, Chief Minister, presided over the Meeting. Here are few of the announcements made by the state leadership on 8th August:
1. Approval for introduction of Assured Career Progression Scheme (ACPS) , 4-9-14, for the employees of the State Government with effect from August 27, 2009.
2. Regularization of the services of contractual employees working in different departments of the State Government who have been recruited after completion of all formalities and who have completed 6 years of regular service and fits into the eligibility criteria determined for regularization in this regard.
3. Contractual employees shall also be treated at par with regular employees with regard to their transfer on completion of three years of service at one station which will be applicable from next session. Contractual employees will also be eligible for annual non-transferable medical leave of 10 days
4. Part Time employees will now be promoted as daily wagers on completion of 9 years of service instead of 10years.
5. Elementary Meritorious Scholarship Scheme in the State by providing them an annual scholarship of Rs.800, selecting 4 students, 2 girls and 2 boys, studying in class VI to VIII, from each Education Block.
6. Approved to create and fill up 65 posts of Teaching and Non-Teaching categories to make newly opened Government Degree Colleges at Rewalsar, Nihri, Lad Bhadol and Baldwara in district Mandi functional from current academic session.
7. It was decided to approve the draft of The Himachal Pradesh Ceiling on Land Holdings (Amendment) Bill, 2012, for placing the same before the HP State Legislative Assembly during coming Monsoon Session.
8. Exemption from Luxury Tax for new hotels in tribal and hard areas under the HP Tax on Luxuries (in Hotels and Lodging Houses) Act, 1979, for a period of 10 years from the date of the hotel starts operation.
9. It was also decided to introduce in the coming Monsoon Session of HP State Legislative Assembly the Himachal Pradesh Value Added Tax(Amendment) Bill, 2012, to exclude the C and D Class contractors having annual turnover up to Rs. 30 lakh and who have paid 30 percent TDS, from filing tax returns.
The state government has made huge announcements and some of them were pending for more than ten years.
However, would it be enough to lure the voters or not, only time will tell.