Himachal CM expresses grief over fire accidentHimachal, Himachal Pradesh

Shimla: Chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has expressed grief over the fire incidence on Saturday in Ganganagar-Sheelghat village near Kharapathar in Shimla district in which many houses were gutted.

District administration was asked to provide assistance and relief to the affected houseless families and get them rehabilitated.

Twenty-six families were left without a roof over their head in Ganganagar villabe after fire, suspected to have started from the kitchen of one Mahvir Singh went out of control. The inferno is believed to have been triggered by a faulty gas connection.

Reports hold that the fire started when Mahavir tried to light the gas burner in the morning. Overnight gas leak in the room caused an instant flame that left some burn marks on him.

Before the flame could be put out, the whole house was on fire that spread to other nearby houses. Initial damage was put at about Rs 3 crore.

Two cattle heads perished in the fire-accident and no human was reported.

Tags from the story
Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.