Shimla: Â Kushboo (20 Yrs) died in a suicide pact after consuming poison at a local hotel, while her lover Kundan (30 Yrs) is battling for life at Indira Gandhi Medical College and hospital where the couple were shifted to by the police after they were found in an unconscious condition in their room by the hotel staff on Sunday evening.
Madan Kant, station police officer said that a bottle of aluminium phosphide was found in the hotel room where the two were staying. â€œNo suicide note has been recovered,â€ said Kant.
After the police was informed about the two lying in an unconscious state, they were shifted to hospital where Kushboo was declared brought dead, he said.
A case has been registered and relatives of the deceased and surviving person have been informed, after numbers on their mobile phones were traced to them, he said.
Kushboo hails from Raigarh in Chattisgarh and Kundan, a medical representative is from Patna district in Bihar. The two came to Shimla on 9th July and spent two nights at the railway station.
The couple checked into a hotel near the bus stand on Saturday evening and it was on Sunday the hotel staff discovered the two lying unconscious in their room.
As Editor, Ravinder Makhaik leads a team of media professionals at Hill Post.
Spanning a career of over two decades in mass communication, as a Documentary Filmmaker, TV journalist, Print Media journalist and with Online & Social Media, he brings with him a vast experience. He lives in Shimla.