Shimla: Chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal informed the Himachal Assembly on Friday that there were 13 foreign aided projects operating in the state.
Responding to a question by Thakur Roop Singh of BJP, the chief minister in a written reply stated on the floor of the house that these 13 projects in total involved an investment of Rs 7631.89 crores.
Giving details Mr Dhumal said
- Forest department was executing a Rs 160 crore Swan River Channelisation project and it was being externally aided by JBIC.
The German federal funding agency GTZ was funding projects worth Rs 26.07 crore which included :-
- the Rs 15.87 crore Indo-German bilateral aided scheme WASH which was being supervised by Irrigation and Public Health department (IPH)
- the Rs 10.20 Cr Micro Planning scheme at Panchayat level with the Panchayati Raj department as the nodal agency.
The World Bank was funding five projects worth Rs 2091.54 crore in the state, said Dhumal.
- the Rs 365 crore Mid-Himalayan Development project being undertaken by the state forest department.
- A Rs 8 crore Qualitative Improvement in Technical Education program under the aegis of the technical education department
- A Rs 49.50 Crore Hydrology II scheme by the Irrigation and Public health program (IPH)
- The Rs 1365.43 crore Himachal Pradesh State Roads Project being executed by the Public Works Department (HPPWD)
- The Rs 305.61 World Bank Village Roads Scheme also being executed by the Public Works Department.
The other major foreign funding agency in Himachal was Asian Development Bank and it was mainly investing in the development of the state hydropower sector, the chief minister said.
ADB was funding fiver projects worth Rs 5352.28 crores in Himachal, he added.
The hydropower project being funded by ADB included,
- The 195 MW Khasang Stage I, II and III hydropower project in Kinnaur, which involved an investment of Rs 1074.02 crores.
- The 111 MW Sawara-Kuddu hydropower project involving an investment of Rs 727.71 crores.
- The 402 MW Shongtong-Karcham hydropower project involving an investment of Rs 2749.60 crores
- The 100 MW Sanj hydropower project involving an investment of Rs 764 crores
- Besides hydropower project, ADB is funding a Rs 36 crore capacity development project in the state, the chief minister said.