Shimla: Fire tenders had to be requisitioned to douse a fire that gutted a private temple located on the top floor of a building in New Shimla locality in the morning on Monday. The police said that fire was reported at 10 in the morning and was put out with the help of neighbors and the firefighters.
Loss to the private Hateshwari temple along with damage to the building roof was estimated to be around Rs 12 lakhs. Chet Ram Nahata, owner of the building, did allow public access to the temple but did not raise any suspicion about any foul play in the incident. A short circuit or fire breaking out from a incense lamp could have caused the inferno, the police said.
As Editor, Ravinder Makhaik leads a team of media professionals at Hill Post.
Spanning a career of over two decades in mass communication, as a Documentary Filmmaker, TV journalist, Print Media journalist and with Online & Social Media, he brings with him a vast experience. He lives in Shimla.