Two-storey building guttered by a devastating fire in Theog


Shimla: A fierce fire guttered two-storey building in Theog, about 32 kilometers from here, last night causing a loss of Rs.20 lacs.
It was reported that fire set off from a liquor shop in the building in Deya Bazar and short circuit caused it.

However, local people and fire personnel battled furious flames for over three hours and salvaged readymade products, clothes, liquor and other hardware material, costing over Rs 50 lakh from being guttered but the wooden building was left to ashes, said police.

Fortunately, there was no loss of life.

An immediate cash relief of five thousand each is announced by the Theog SDM Priyanka Basu to the shopkeepers and the owner of the house.

Raised in Shimla and originally from Mandi district, Disha wears many caps which includes being part of a lead team of a fast growing IT company based out of Chandigarh. Earlier Disha was associated with My Himachal and visits Shimla regularly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.