Minor fire at India Habitat Centre

New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) A minor fire on the fourth floor of HUDCO Bhawan, a multi-storeyed building at India Habitat Centre, here Monday afternoon left a man injured, a fire official said.

“Gopal, 32, a caretaker of the building, was injured when he slipped while trying to douse the fire with a fire extinguisher,” said an officer. He has been admitted to Safdarjung Hospital.

Eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot. They took 45 minutes to douse the fire.

Police said an electrical short circuit in the air-conditioning duct may have sparked the fire. Some files and furniture were destroyed.

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.