Ford to recall over 13,000 vehicles over door problem

Washington, June 29 (IANS) Ford Motor Co. will recall about 13,100 vehicles of the 2013 Explorer SUV, Taurus and Lincoln MKS models over a door latch problem, the company said.

Ford said the child safety locks may turn off automatically when opening or closing a door, thus allowing the doors to be opened from the inside.

No accidents or injuries have been reported so far, Xinhua cited Detroit News as saying.

The affected vehicles, built at Ford’s Chicago assembly plant between Nov 29 and Dec 12, 2012, were sold in the US, Canada and Mexico.

This is not the first time Ford is recalling the 2013 Explorer, Taurus and Lincoln MKS vehicles. The three models are also included in the 465,000 vehicles Ford recalled in May after fuel leak complaints.

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.