New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) The onset of summer brings beauty woes like body tanning. This season try sugar-lemon juice pack or fresh coconut water pack or even honey-almond oil pack — all natural remedies coming from grandma’s treasure-trove — to get a glowing skin.
Not many know that sugar works as the best cleansing agent while lemon juice helps reduce tanning. Buttermilk soothes and softens the skin, while coconut water brings a glow to the skin.
IANS has gathered granny’s quick and convenient homemade remedies to keep your skin healthy and glowing during summer:
– Cucumber juice-rose water pack: Apply a mixture of rose water, cucumber juice and a dash of lemon juice once a day. Lemon juice helps reduce the tan, while rose water and cucumber work as cooling agents.
– Honey-lemon juice pack: Mix two tablespoons of honey with a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on the affected area once or twice in a day. Apply the mixture for few minutes and wash it off with cold water.
– Turmeric pack: One can also prepare a paste adding a pinch of turmeric, lemon juice and raw milk. Apply the mixture properly and wait till it dries. Wash it off with cold water.
– Oats-buttermilk pack: Buttermilk soothes and softens the skin. Make a pack by mixing a tablespoon of oats with buttermilk and apply it on your face or body to get rid of tanning from body parts. Since oats help in exfoliating the skin, the mixture can prove to be beneficial.
– Curd and lemon pack: In olden days, granny used to rely on a mixture of gram flour, lime juice and curd to get a glowing skin. But one needs to slather the mixture regularly to get rid of tanning.
– Lemon juice pack for body parts: To keep your knees, elbows and other patchy areas smooth and clean, apply fresh lemon juice. Keep it on for at least 15 minutes and wash it off.
– Coconut pack: Fresh coconut water makes the skin soft and fair. Using it twice in a day on hands and face can prove beneficial.
– Milk powder and honey pack: Prepare a paste adding equal quantity of milk powder, lemon juice, almond oil and honey. Apply it on the affected portions for at least 20 minutes. It will help reduce tan. One can also store it for a week. If you have time, use it thrice a day for better results.
– Sugar-lemon pack: Sugar is considered as the best cleansing agent. Apply the mixture of sugar and lemon juice on your face and wash it after 20 minutes. If you have dry skin, then add a few drops of glycerine to the mixture.