Port of Spain, May 22 (IANS/CMC) The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) has hinted that an investigation could be launched into unaccounted revenues generated by the federation from World Cup 2006.
President of the TTFF Raymond Tim Kee announced Tuesday that a probe is being considered during a press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, reports CMC.
“From our understanding, TTFF is very much a part of CONCACAF, and in pursuit of (CONCACAF’s) uncovering and investigating all the goings-on in the past, Trinidad and Tobago has not been exempted from that,” said Tim Kee.
“I believe that arm will be extended to the TTFF, where the forensics and all the investigations will be done.”
Earlier this year, TTFF announced that it was suing embattled former Minister of National Security, Jack Warner, who is also its former special advisor, in an effort to recover millions of dollars in unaccounted funds including those earmarked as aid for Haiti.
Warner has been accused in a CONCACAF report of financial fraud.
The report said Warner used deceptive methods to secure funds from CONCACAF and FIFA as well as induced FIFA to transfer funds earmarked for development purposes to bank accounts he controlled.
Warner, an ex-Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and CONCACAF president, has vehemently denied all charges.
“That is a big one that my mouth is not quite capable of biting and chewing. That’s bigger than me,” said Tim Kee.
“The investigations will reveal something, and based on that, we’ll have to take appropriate actions.”
The CONCACAF report also claims that Warner accepted money intended for FIFA that landed into his personal bank accounts.
Last month, Warner resigned from his posts as minister of national security, chairman of the United National Congress and MP for Chaguanas West following the publication and condemnation of his actions in the CONCACAF report.