Toddler suffocates on watermelon piece

Rome, May 30 (IANS/AKI) A two-year-old Romanian boy choked to death on a piece of watermelon in the northern Italian city of Turin.

The toddler was taken to a hospital but he had already gone into cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead on arrival Wednesday.

The boy had been eating watermelon when a piece unexpectedly became lodged in this throat, his father told police.

In March, a four-year-old boy suffocated on an olive-sized piece of mozzarella cheese during lunch in his school canteen in the southern city of Naples.

–IANS/AKI

pm/dg

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.