* Assembly constituencies: 224 (Voting will take place in 223 polling has been countermanded in Periyapatna following the death of the BJP candidate
* The Congress is contesting all the 224 seats, the BJP 223, the JD-S 222, the KJP 224, the BSP 175, the NCP 24 and the Communist Party of India-Marxist 17. The remaining 1,839 candidates are largely independents and some are from the Janata Dal-United, Samajwadi Party and unrecognized parties and independents
* Voters: 43.6 million (Men-22.22 million, Women-21.35 million)
* First time voters (between 18 and 22 years): 3.55 million
* Polling booths: 52,034
* Highly sensitive booths (prone to disturbance/violence): 10,103; Sensitive: 14,209
* Vigilance squads: 2,000, each of five members, including a photographer and a videographer
* Officials on poll duty: 253,000
* Police personnel on poll duty: 48,182; Another 100,000 more will be on duty to maintain law and order
* Constituency with maximum number of candidates: Bellary (29)
* Constituencies with minimum number of candidates: Yenkanamaradi and Mudhol (5 each)
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.