New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) An 85-year-old woman was suffocated to death while her husband had to be hospitalised in serious condition after an electrical short-circuit triggered a fire in their house wiring in the capital, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place in Anand Vihar area of east Delhi on the night of Tuesday-Wednesday.
“Swarnkant Khosla was sleeping with her husband Jagmohan in their bedroom located at the first floor in the two-storey house. An electrical short-circuit burnt the house wiring and their room was filled with smoke,” a police officer said.
Their son rushed to the couple’s bedroom and took them to hospital where doctors declared Swarnkant dead. Her husband is still undergoing treatment there, the officer added.
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.