New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) On the recommendations of the NHRC, the Uttar Pradesh government has given Rs.3 lakh to the kin of each of the four children who were electrocuted while they were bathing in a canal three years ago.
A high tension wire fell in the canal in which the children were bathing, electrocuting them to death, said an official of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
The incident happened at village Salempur in district Saharanpur May 23, 2010.
Three officials, including a sub-divisional officer, assistant engineer and a lineman were found prima-facie guilty of carelessness and were suspended.
“Initially, the Uttar Pradesh government paid Rs.1 lakh as monetary relief to the families of each of the four deceased children, but the commission asked the authorities to increase the amount to Rs.3 lakh each. Proof of payment has been submitted,” said the official.
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.