Two restaurant workers die of asphyxia

New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) Two restaurant workers died in sleep due to asphyxiation after a fire broke out in the premises here, police said Thursday.

Rakesh Singh, 20, and Ravindra, 35, died in the incident reported around 3.30 p.m. Wednesday in Lazeez restaurant on Malcha Marg in central Delhi, police said.

“The fire started when victims were sleeping in the premises after work,” said a police officer.

Four other employees asleep in the restaurant managed to escape, police said.

The bodies of the victims were recovered after the fire department personnel broke open the doors of the restaurant.

“Initial medical examination revealed there were no external injuries on the bodies of the victims,” said an officer.

According to officials, an electrical short circuit might have been the reason behind the blaze.

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.