Tite denies reports of Inter Milan offer

Rio de Janeiro, April 18 (IANS) Corinthians head coach Tite has denied receiving an offer to join Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan.

His comments came after local media reported the Nerazzurri had identified the 51-year-old as a replacement for under-pressure coach Andrea Stramaccioni.

“I can’t talk in hypothetical terms, only in facts,” Tite said when asked about the rumors Wednesday.

“No Inter official has been in contact with me or my agent. I am at one of the biggest clubs in Brazil and we have some very important matches coming up.”

Tite has been Corinthians’ coach since 2010 and led the Sao Paulo club to the Copa Libertadores-FIFA Club World Cup double last year.

Earlier Wednesday Corinthians’ football director Roberto de Andrade said the club intended to extend Tite’s contract until 2014.

“Corinthians are bigger than Inter Milan,” he said.

“Tite won’t leave before December and we want to start negotiations to renew his contract as soon as possible.”

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.