* Congress vice-president Gandhi denied he was in the race to be India’s prime minister.
* He said his focus was to empower citizens.
* The Congress leader called upon the industry to work with government for development.
* The leader said the industry should have a role in deciding development policy.
* He said the infrastructure was needed for economic growth.
* He said India needs to change its governance structures.
* He said elected village heads need to be involved in policy making.
* He said it is accidental that he belongs to the Nehru-Gandhi family.
* No single individual, he said, would be able to resolve all the problems facing the country.
* He said miracles should not be expected from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh either.
* He said only Congress was capable of working with the industry for inclusive development.
* He assured the industry a “fair and rule-based government system”.
* He took a dig at Hindutva ideology saying “You can’t keep Biharis out of Mumbai or the Muslims out of the system”.
* He said excluding women, poor and deprived sections will not take India forward