New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) Strong tremors rocked large parts of north India, including the national capital and its adjoining areas, Tuesday evening following a massive 7.8 magnitude earthquake on the Pakistan-Iran border. Following is the list of some of the major quakes in India in the last 10 years.
* April 4, 2013: An earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit the Kashmir Valley. No damage to life or property was reported.
* March 2, 2013: A quake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale rocked parts of northeast India and Bangladesh. No loss of life or damage to property.
* May 11, 2012: A 5.4 magnitude earthquake rocked Assam and Meghalaya. Some buildings developed cracks after the tremor but no casualties were reported.
* March 5, 2012: Strong tremors were felt in Delhi and some parts of north India after a quake measuring 5 on the Richter scale. No serious damage was reported.
* Sep 18, 2011: At least 35 people were killed and hundreds injured in a 6.8 magnitude earthquake that wreaked havoc in the Sikkim-Nepal border region.
* Oct 8, 2005: More than 40,000 people were killed on both sides of the Line of Control that divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan following a quake measuring 7.9 on the Richter scale.
* Dec 26, 2004: Over 200,000 were killed when a 9.3 magnitude earthquake rattled Indonesia’s Sumatra island, unleashing a tsunami that hit India, Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Maldives.