Yangon, April 2 (IANS) As many as 13 children were killed in a fire that broke out at a school in a mosque in Yangon’s Botataung township Tuesday, authorities said.
The fire, which occurred at 3 a.m. when a total of 78 children were asleep, was caused by electric short-circuit triggered by overheat of a voltage transformer installed inside the mosque, reported Xinhua citing sources.
The fire has been brought under control.
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.