Five houses ashed in Himachal village blaze

Shimla: On a day when the cold wave is intense and it has been snowing in most higher hills four families living in five houses were rendered homeless in Batwaha village, in Rohru area  of Shimla hills.

The fire is said to have broken out because of a electric short circuit in the village under Kaloti panchayat in the morning hours.

Police spokesman said that the fire was brought under control by 8.30 a.m. but not before it had burnt down the 5 houses. The loss as been estimated at Rs 1.55 Cr. No loss to life was reported.

Earlier braving cold weather conditions firemen had a tough time in controlling the blaze. Two fire tenders from Rohru were pressed into operation and they took two  hours
to bring the fire under control.

In all, 8 eight households suffered fire damage and four families were rendered homeless. The affected families have shifted in the house of relative after the mishap.

 Head of the families who have been affected were identified as Munshi Ram, Bhajan Lal, Kalam Singh, Amar Nath,  Prakesh Chand, Naryan, Sharda Devi and Jiwan Singh.

Mohan Verma is a seasoned journalist, with more than a decade of experience of active reporting for news agencies and fast paced online media.

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.