Four die of burns, poisoning in Tanda Medical College, Kangra

Dharamshala: Two persons died of burn injuries in Dr R P Govt Medical College Tanda during the past 24 hours while another two of poisoning, police said here today.

According to police, Hem Raj, 48, succumbed to 85 per cent burns today morning. He was burnt while working on a kerosene oil stove at home in Hamirpur district.

First rushed to district hospital Hamirpur, the victim in emergency was referred to DRPGMC Tanda on July 17 but was unable to survive the serious burn injuries.

In the second case one Guru Dass, 47, a resident of Charri, died today of 80 per cent burns suffered while working on a kerosene oil stove on July 17.

A young man Parveen Kumar, 22 , was found unconscious after he reportedly had consumed poison at home by his mother in Samloti village yesterday. He died early today in hospital. The reasons that drove him to commit suicide were not known.

Police said Preetam Chand, 58, working in the Agriculture department was declared died in DRPGMC Hospital yesterday reportedly after consuming poison. Chand was to retire from service on July 31, reports said.

All the four bodies were handed over to relatives after conducting and autopsy, police said.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Mohan Verma is a seasoned journalist, with more than a decade of experience of active reporting for news agencies and fast paced online media.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.