Snowdon hospital drugs store catches fire

Shimla : Snowdown hospital (IGMC) in Shimla had a fire scare when an adjoining chemist shop caught fire Sunday .

The fire was brought under control soon and prevented from spreading . Medicines and surgical equipment worth Rs 1 lakh was destroyed by the minor fire , newspaper reports said Monday .

The outlet is run by the state civil supplies corporation and is the main supplier of medicines and other medical equipment to IGMC , Himachal Pradesh’s premier hospital .

In a 20 year career published widely. He has worked for the BBC, AFP, The Statesman, IANS and the Business Standard . Known for his hard hitting writing and occasional off-beat stories. He lives in Shimla.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.