Shimla Family Dead In Diwali Lamp Fire Accident

Shimla: Festive celebrations turned tragic for a family as all four members – husband, wife and two children, died due to smoke suffocation when a lamp left burning thorough the night resulted into inflaming the apartment.

“The matter was reported to the police past the mid night hours after a tenant in the building spotted smoke coming out from the landlords apartment,” said a spokesman from Kasaumpati police station.

Naresh Kanwar (42), Sunita (38), Akanksha (12) and Aniket (5) of Govind Lodge, Kasumpati were declared brought dead by the doctors at IGMC hospital,” police said.

Being the Diwali night, the family is believed to have left a lamp burning at a small worship place in the house that caused a fire to break out.

A lady tenant on smelling smoke woke up neighbours, who broke into the apartment and rushed the residents to hospital.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

As Editor, Ravinder Makhaik leads a team of media professionals at Hill Post. Spanning a career of over two decades in mass communication, as a Documentary Filmmaker, TV journalist, Print Media journalist and with Online & Social Media, he brings with him a vast experience. He lives in Shimla.

Tags from the story
Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.