Beijing, April 19 (IANS) Over 500 pigs and dogs have been found dead in a village in China, and officials Friday said the animals died from respiratory failure after inhaling toxic gas.
A total of 410 pigs and 122 dogs were found dead this week in Dongtun in central China’s Henan province, Xinhua reported.
A hospital affiliated with the Henan University of Science and Technology said test results showed that the animals died from respiratory failure.
A local medical manufacturing plant is under investigation for allegedly causing toxic gas leaks.
However, the gas that killed the animals has not been identified and it is not known whether the plant had any part in the deaths.
Villagers claim the factory has been emitting a strong odour for more than 10 years.
However, test results by environmental authorities indicate that the area’s air and drinking water are clean.
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by authors, news service providers on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Hill Post. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
Hill Post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site page.